Friday 28 December 2012

No More Mrs Nice Mab!

I've been ill for some time now. The most recent string of sicknesses (like dirty beads on a stinking chain - and when you look closely, you see the beads are actually throbbing glands, sweat-soaked cells, and globules of glutinous bile) has included: food poisoning; swiftly followed by yet another kidney infection; succeeded by a chest infection/flu; with conjunctivitis and an adverse reaction to some meds thrown in.

I've been lying down a lot, a bit like Katy in What Katy Did, but without ever having naughtily gone on the swing I was told not to. Generally, I am a Good Girl. I don't like to hurt people's feelings. I try to 'be nice' and pleasant and fit in with what other people want. I trained as a counsellor and I'm usually diplomatic with my words (in Real Life - which explains why On Stage I am such a madam!). However, there's nothing like a bit of enforced inertia to instill a strong sense of 'What I Want' in one.

And what I want is: excitement! Adventure! To enjoy more thrilling activities! And, to obtain a flat of my own, as per my Facebook status earlier this week:


Here be my pledge:

I pledge to seek the thrills, not worrying about the spills;
To find fun in every endeavour; to do
What I like when I like how I like with who I like
(Be it harm none... Except for the odd carpet burn, of course).
I pledge to edge instead of centre;
To centre myself in the unsuspected, the surprise...
To become a woman with wild eyes.

May 2013 be the year!!!!! Woo!!!!! :-)

No comments: