Monday 5 September 2011

Yes, it's the Royal Shakespeare Company, dah-ling!!

So, as per usual, I have committed myself to a massive project, the breadth and depth and height of which I was very, very unprepared for.
     Earlier this year, the RSC announced it was holding a massive competition called Open Stages, which involved inviting amateur theatre/performance groups to hold a performance of a Shakespeare play or some related activity.
     I decided I would re-write Troilus & Cressida. For those of you who don't know, this is considered Shakespeare's most problematic play. I decided to write it as a modern, spoken word-style satire. I decided I would direct it....
     Considering the number of characters in the play (two whole armies' worth) and the fact I've never directed before, this is a massive undertaking. No, let me re-phrase that - ma-HOO-sive.
So. There is much to do. As bloody usual!!! Anyway, if you'd like to take part in my play, please drop me a line. By which I mean, message/email, or find me jittering in my usual corner, if you know where that is...
     And, here's the Facebook group, if you'd like to join it: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158332134249479
     It's the RSC, dah-ling! That's the important thing, I guess . . . . . . . . . . . . 

No comments: